QWaLC offers membership to community NRM volunteer groups. This includes groups such as:
- Landcare (Coastcare, Bushcare etc)
- Catchment Associations
- Species-specific protection groups
- Friends-of groups
Groups that are also incorporated will be eligible for insurance coverage through their membership with QWaLC.
However, we still accept groups that are not incorporated. These groups still receive the services provided by QWaLC as the peak body for NRM volunteers.
The Registration Process
- Groups must return a membership application form to QWaLC. Please make sure to attach a copy of your group’s constitution to this application.
- The application is sent to two assessors to determine if the group carries out NRM work.
- Within 10 working days of receiving an application, the assessors advise QWaLC in writing if they recommend the group be members of QWaLC..
- If the group is approved for membership , QWaLC sends a letter and membership certificate advising the group of their registration. On the same day QWaLC advises AON the Insurance Brokers that the group can be sent their insurance policies.
- Once members, groups become a part of QWaLC’s information network. Groups receive information on various opportunities for NRM groups and access to QWaLC’s other member services.
Groups must supply a copy of their constitution with their application. However, some groups have difficulty locating this document due to executive changes. If you can’t find a copy of your constitution, contact the Office of Fair Trading, as they file a copy when a group becomes incorporated.
Alternatively, you can complete a new copy of your constitution. The Office of Fair Trading provides a template document called ‘Model Rules’ that can be filled out.
Become an associate member by emailing QWaLC your name and contact details. Associate members receive all the benefits of the QWaLC network.