A community that supports, informs, and develops citizen science.
The ACSA mission is to:
Advance citizen science through advocacy, collaboration, sharing of knowledge, and capacity building.
- We are a community of diverse individuals and organisations.
- We inspire participation in science and help to address issues of significance.
- We empower individuals to participate in citizen science and acknowledge their significant contribution to research and information gathering.
- We share ideas, knowledge, skills, and tools.
- We are dynamic, innovative, and responsive to the changing needs of citizen science.
- We promote environmental stewardship through involvement in citizen science.
- We enable, promote, and support best practice in citizen science.
- We make scientific research accessible and engaging to the public.
The goals of the ACSA are to:
- Encourage and promote participation by individuals and organisations in all aspects of citizen science including education, research, policy, and engagement with the community.
- Identify, develop, and promote best practice and excellence in citizen science for the benefit of science.
- Raise the profile of citizen science with scientists, policy makers, funders, and community.
- Facilitate communication between the public and scientists about science.
- Create networking opportunities for citizens and scientists by acting as an information hub for shared knowledge and resources.
- Facilitate the development of infrastructure to support citizen science.