Landcare Australia and Queensland Water and Land Carers received a great range of nominations for the 2019 State and Territory Landcare Awards which recognise individuals and groups across the country for their outstanding contributions to preserving the unique Australian landscape.
We look forward to reading and learning about the great work of the nominees as we judge them over the next week.
In 2019, Landcare celebrates its 30-year national anniversary. And over the last three decades, Landcare has played a leading role in changing Australia’s approach to sustainable agricultural practices, environmental protection, conservation of land and waterways, coastlines and biodiversity.
The Landcare Awards are an opportunity to recognise and celebrate Landcare champions from rural and urban communities motivated by a shared vision to restore and protect the environment in their local community.
Winners from the 2019 State & Territory Landcare Awards will go forward to the 2020 National Landcare Awards held during the 2020 National Landcare Conference to be held in Sydney. The National Landcare Awards ceremony also includes the Bob Hawke Landcare Award sponsored by the Australian Government.
Nine national award categories are now open for nominations:
- Australian Government Individual Landcarer Award
- Australian Government Partnerships for Landcare Award
- Australian Government Landcare Farming Award
- Australian Government Innovation in Agriculture Land Management Award
- Virgin Coastcare Award
- Australian Community Media Landcare Community Group Award
- Woolworths Junior Landcare Team Award
- Indigenous Land Management Award
- Austcover Young Landcare Leader Award