Apply to become a member group
QWaLC offers membership to community NRM volunteer groups. This includes groups such as Landcare (Coastcare, Bushcare etc), Catchment Associations, Community Gardens, Indigenous Corporations, Species-specific protection groups and Friends-of groups. Your group must be a not for profit entity.
Apply for membership now
Groups that become members may be eligible for insurance coverage through their membership with QWaLC.
The Membership application process
- Groups must complete the online membership application. Please make sure to attach a copy of your group’s constitution to this application.
- The application is assessed by QWaLC directors.
- Within 10 working days of receiving an application a decision will be advised.
- If the group is approved for membership, QWaLC will send an email advising the group of their membership with a membership certificate. We will then email the certificates of currency to the group. (Insurance Policy wordings are available online)
- Once registered, groups become a part of QWaLC’s information network. Groups will receive information on various opportunities for members and access to QWaLC’s other member services.
Groups must supply a copy of their constitution with their application. However, some groups have difficulty locating this document due to executive changes. If you can’t find a copy of your constitution, contact the Office of Fair Trading, as they file a copy when a group becomes incorporated.
You may need to update your constitution. The Office of Fair Trading provides a template document called ‘Model Rules’ that can be used.