Winning Land and Water care projects were announced on Friday at the 2019 Queensland Landcare Awards held at the Cairns Aquarium, where Landcare champions and their supporters from across Queensland came together to celebrate impressive achievements in the Landcare community.
Hosted by Phil Staley from ABC Radio, the awards celebrated incredible efforts to protect and enhance Queensland’s land, water and biodiversity.
The ceremony saw award winners from diverse categories, including farming, Coastcare and Indigenous land management, announced by representatives of award sponsors and Queensland Landcare community champions/stalwarts.
2019 Queensland Landcare Award winners:
- Australian Government Individual Landcarer Award – Anthony Rossi – Mulgrave Landcare and Catchment Group
- Australian Government Partnerships for Landcare Award – City of Gold Coast- Beaches to Bushland Program
- Australian Government Innovation in Agriculture Land Management Award – Central Queensland Soil Health Systems
- Indigenous Land Management Award – Cape York Weeds and Feral Animals Incorporated
- Australian Government Landcare Farming Award – V. Rossi and Sons
- Virgin Coastcare Award – Straw No More – Emily Walker and Molly Steer
- Australian Community Media Landcare Community Group Award – Hinterland Bush Links (Sunshine Coast)
- Woolworths Junior Landcare Team Award – McDonnell Creek State School
- AustCover Young Landcare Leadership Award – Gold Coast Catchment Association – Rosalinde Brinkman