Insurance Update for QWaLC Member Groups 14th November 2017
Insurance coverage for member groups is current until 31st March 2018
Due to the changes earlier this year the annual membership and insurance survey will now be distributed in late January 2018.
As you know this survey is an important part of the life of QWaLC members and provides essential information to us that is used to negotiate better insurance premiums and cover as well as provide a valuable insight into many aspects of member groups activities.
Insurance Update for QWaLC Member Groups 7th May 2017
The insurance coverage changes for the year 2017-2018 are now complete.
If you completed the membership and insurance survey sent out in November 2016 you would have received your three new insurance certificates of currency via email.
Working with AON, QWaLC has been able to secure even better cover for our member groups.
Subsequently, QWaLC and AON are pleased to be able to provide an insurance product that has been developed for the community sector.
If you have any concerns or questions about this change please call Darryl on 07 3844 4032 or send an email to email@example.com
Insurance coverage is now extended to March 2018
Insurance coverage is still offered to member groups at no cost.
The three insurance policies offered will still be
1. Voluntary Workers Personal Accident – $100,000 death and capital benefits with a weekly benefit of $500 per week for 104 weeks.
NB: All medical costs must be recovered from all available sources, eg. Medicare or private health fund before any claim can be made on this policy.
2. Public Liability – $30m any one Occurrence & ii Product Liability – $30m any one period of insurance (Excess is $1,000.00 each and every claim)
3. Protector/Association Liability – Includes Professional Indemnity, Directors & Officers Liability, Statutory Liability, Employment Practice Liability
i. $10m Limit of Liability – any one claim ii. $20m in the aggregate.
We will be sending out the new Certificates of Currency as soon as possible after the 31st March and the new policy documents and other information will be made available on the QWaLC website.
QWaLC as the master policy holder requires groups to be proactive in their management of risk:
a. Insured member groups should ensure all members are recorded in a membership register.
b. All volunteers and members participating in group activities should complete a sign‐on sheet.
c. A WHS risk assessment should be undertaken for all activities (see Landcare in a Box Resources for templates).
2017/2018 Insurance Policies and Certificates
Thanks to the generous support of the Queensland State Government, Queensland Water and Land Carers has now signed the contract for insurance coverage for 2017-2018. The policies, Public Liability, Volunteer Accident and Protector Liability, have been taken out with Aon Insurance.
If your group has not received the 2018/19 Membership and Insurance Survey by the 2nd Feb 2018 please contact us as soon as possible. Once the survey is complete we can send out the new certificates of currency to you in the second week of March.
If you have any queries, please email Darryl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Coverage is offered to QWaLC Member Groups
- Landcare Groups (including Bushcare) and Coastcare Groups.
- Waterwatch, Catchment and other Voluntary Environmental Groups in Qld who are members of QWALC.
- All individual persons carrying out activities authorised by the registered voluntary groups
Items to Note
- Insurance is not a substitute for risk management. Having insurance should only come into the picture when you’ve done all you can to minimise risk.
- No one can tell you what sort of insurance you need – you need to consider your organisation’s own risk profile and appetite against what insurance policies can cover and may cost.
- When comparing policies, make sure you take particular note of limits, excesses, exclusions and geographic coverage.
- Always pay attention to the exclusions
Insured (the definition of activities)
Land Care Groups (incuding Bushcare, Coastal Care, Waterwatch and Catchment Groups) in Queensland who are Land Care Groups registered with the QLD Water & Land Carers Inc. and all individual persons carrying out activities Principally volunteer, community, charitable and not-for profit Organisations and all other associated and related activities including activities of volunteers.
Policy coverage offered by QWaLC
- Public Liability
- Personal Accident (Voluntary Workers)
- Protector Liability including Professional Liability, Management Liability, Association Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Employee Fraud or Dishonesty.
If you need to report an incident please use the form below
Updated 7th May 2017 Updated 24th February 2017 Updated 26th November 2016