Litter and Marine Debris Clean up and Prevention
Funding for Round 5 – Litter and Marine Debris Clean up and Prevention of the Community Sustainability Action grants is now available for projects which seek to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and/or litter and marine debris in our environment.
Grants will be provided for activities that fall within one of the following two categories:
- Category 1: Litter and marine debris clean upGrants of up to $50,000 (ex GST) will be provided to remove litter from Queensland’s public spaces such as parks and reserves and/or projects to remove marine debris from Queensland’s beaches and waterways.
- Category 2: Community approaches to preventing litter and marine debrisGrants up to $50,000 (ex GST) will be provided for projects to work with Queensland communities to implement place-based solutions to prevent litter and/or marine debris.
Applications will be accepted from:
- properly established incorporated associations (incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981)
- Australian charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- not-for-profit organisations registered under the Corporations Act 2001
- Indigenous corporations incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- tertiary education institutions administered by the Commonwealth or State
- regional natural resource management (NRM) bodies.
More information is available in the Round 5 – Litter and Marine Debris Clean up and Prevention guidelines (PDF, 1 MB).
All applications must be submitted using the online grants system with forms accessed via the following links:
- Category 1: Litter and marine debris clean up application form
- Category 2: Community approaches to preventing litter and marine debris application form
Applications close at 4pm on 12 April 2021.