Applications for Round 7—Community Sustainable Spaces of the Community Sustainability Action grant program are now open.
Grants of between $5,000 and $50,000 (excluding GST) are available to rehabilitate or rewild unused spaces to support biodiversity conservation, or to repurpose unused or neglected spaces for community use.
Applications will be accepted from:
- properly established incorporated associations (incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981)
- Australian charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- not-for-profit organisations registered under the Corporations Act 2001
- Indigenous corporations incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- Natural Resource Management (NRM) bodies.
Projects funded will be those that focus on connecting communities to their natural and green urban landscapes to:
- improve community engagement and access with the natural environment and green urban spaces
- deliver good environmental outcomes (for example, by improving habitat for Queensland native species)
- support circular economy initiatives, such as local organics reuse
- help to address food poverty and/or food security in local communities.
More information is available in the Round 7—Community Sustainable Spaces program guidelines .
All applications must be submitted using the online SmartyGrants application system.
Applications close 4pm on Thursday 16 February 2023.