Round 6 – Community Climate Action Applications are now open for Round 6—Community Climate Action of the Community Sustainability Action grants program.
Funding will be provided to eligible recipients for community-led projects that encourage greater participation and help deliver climate action in Queensland.
Grants of up to $50,000 (excluding GST) are available for projects that focus on community-based solutions to help reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, better manage climate risks, and/or improve the climate resilience of local facilities, programs, assets or services.
Applications will be accepted from:
- properly established incorporated associations (incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981)
- Australian charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- not-for-profit organisations registered under the Corporations Act 2001
- First Nations corporations incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth)
- natural resource management (NRM) bodies.
More information is available in the Round 6—Community Climate Action guidelines .
Applicants will be required to demonstrate how their proposed project activities align with the Queensland Climate Action Plan.
All applications must be submitted using the online grants system.
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday 28 April 2022.