Investing in cleaner and greener communities
The Australian Government will invest more than
$22 million in 2019-20 to deliver a wide range of on-ground projects that conserve, protect and sustainably manage our environment.
Under the Communities Environment Program, each federal electorate can receive up to $150,000 in grant funding for small-scale, community-led projects nominated by the local Member of Parliament in consultation with the community will focus on environmental priorities such as:
- waste and litter reduction
- protecting native animals, including our threatened species
- addressing weeds and pest animals
- restoring and improving coasts, wetlands, riverbanks and waterways
- greening parks and urban areas.
Each electorate can receive funding for up to 20 projects, with the minimum grant amount being $2500 and the maximum grant amount set at $20,000. And sitting Members of Parliament will consult with their community to identify potential projects for their respective electorates.