Applicants can apply for grants of up to $50,000 for projects to remove illegally dumped hazardous waste and/or illegally dumped waste that is difficult to access or requires specialist equipment to remove due to the location or size of the material.
Grants of up to $50,000 (excluding GST) will be provided for activities to remove:
- hazardous illegally dumped waste and/ or
- illegally dumped waste that is difficult to access or requires specialist equipment to remove due to the location or size of the material.
The following entities are eligible to apply for a grant in their own right:
- Queensland Primary Producers
- Queensland Regional Natural Resource Management (NRM) bodies
- Nature refuge holders
- Special Wildlife Reserve managers.
Project sponsors must be one of the following organisations:
- an organisation eligible to apply for funding in their own right
- a Peak body
- a local government authority.
More information regarding the Illegal Dumping Grant can be found in the Keeping Queensland Clean: Illegal Dumping Grant Program – Guidelines for applicants
All applications must be submitted using SmartyGrants, the department’s online grants administration program.
Applications close at 3pm on Friday, 18 February 2022.